Just Like Eik

Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Someone said my words are out of balance..."

...nothing to say."

Okay, since I quasi got in trouble with some people for not telling anyone other than my family and about 3 of my friends about this new job, I decided that I will try to keep everyone updated through this blog in case I don't talk to you. That way you'll know what time zone I am in and can then gauge what time you call me!

I got back from Virginia this morning at about 1:30 due to some problems at MSP. I had first class seating the whole way from DC to Sioux Falls, but I had a double connection, so I spent over 7 hours in either a plane or airport yesterday. First class was nice and I drank a lot of wine--which was good due to the fact that my first flight was pretty rough. I had enough time on my Detroit layover to check out the lady's room and then flew into MSP. Whereas I thought I'd have to book it to get to my plane on time (due to some extensive taxiing), I had tons of time as there were problems with the first plane so we had to switch terminals after standing around for 35 minutes (keep in mind, I was one of the last people there, so there were some fools who waited a looooong time) and once we got on our new plane they had to reload the fuel so we didn't fly crooked. Bonus: lots of wine while waiting for the changes to be made. However, my already-late arrival just got later. Another non-bonus: the freakishly cold temps here! Good lord!

Now I am in SoDak for 10 days and then I'll go back to DC. My job is amazing--I loved every minute of training except for the minutes before my mock-facilitation time when I felt like I'd puke. Don't worry--it went well. I also got my per diem check up front with overly-high estimates on how much things will cost, so that is neat. Yay for free money.

That is all I really have. More travel-updates will be posted as they become available; pictures too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeke said...

You're not doing a very good job of keeping us informed :P

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home